Monday, November 22, 2010

New Schedule

When I returned to the BVIs, I also started work, something I hope to write more about in this space, but not until I have a chance to discuss it with my boss. Starting work also meant starting a new schedule.

Working 8-4 Saturday through Wednesday has presented a few challenges, especially since HB and I only have one car right now. On the weekdays, we've been up around 6:30, leaving the house around 7:15, so I can drop HB at work and be to my work, a half hour's drive away, in a timely fashion. The weekends aren't much better.

Perhaps the biggest effect I'm feeling from the new schedule is I no longer have the morning hours to sit and drink coffee and write in this space. My blogs of September and early October were usually written around 10:00 in the morning. I would get up around 8:00 and take HB to work, and then curl up on the couch with the computer for an hour or two. I had a strenuous, self-imposed 11:00 a.m. posting deadline.

Since the typical blog entry takes me about half an hour to an hour to compose, depending on whether photos are involved, and how descriptive I'm trying to be, continuing to write posts in the morning, except on my days off, would mean getting up even earlier than my already too-early 6:30 a.m. wake-up call. I know that many of you get up far earlier than that, and have no sympathy for me, but I haven't woken up earlier than 7:00 on a regular basis since I started working.

So I've been trying to write in the evenings, instead, preparing an entry before bed and then just hitting the "post" button in the morning. It's been working out ok so far, except on the evenings, when, due to tiredness, or busyness, or any combination of factors, I simply forget to write. Then I find myself scrambling in the morning to get any sort of content together. Like this morning. In between walking the dogs and putting in my contacts and generally getting ready for work, I'm writing this.

All of which is to say: If, in the coming weeks, you check this blog and there is nothing new posted, my apologies. Please keep checking back. As I get settled into the new schedule, those instances should be fewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog