Thursday, January 20, 2011

Six Extra Weeks of Spring

According to locals, winter is officially over in the BVIs. HB and I are as astounded as you are. We had about three brief weeks of slightly cool temperatures (68 at night; 75 during the day) and now we're back to the standard routine of 82/78 that we saw in October, November, and the first part of December.

Part of me is a little sad that those cool temperatures that enticed me to wear lightweight sweaters and jeans (in 70-degree weather) when going out to dinner won't be seen again for another 11 months. On the other hand, the ocean has been almost too cold to swim in lately, so the return of warm days means the waters will be warming up again soon.

For now, on my day off, I'm going to join Roscoe and Flash, who have been sunning themselves on the porch for hours, and enjoy the warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog