Monday, March 14, 2011

Go Go Go Stop

It is well into the afternoon and I just now remembered that, oh yeah, I have to write that blog thingy. I have been a bit spacey lately, probably because I'm a bit overwhelmed with everything going on in my life. I was given the compliment(?) of additional duties at work that have been taking me out of the office quite a bit more. I'm still trying to incorporate them into my day, and balance them with the duties I had before.

I've also taken a second job doing bookkeeping on a very limited part time basis, but as it's all internet-based, and we're still occasionally fighting with our home internet, the new job has proved to be more work logistically than I had originally thought.

Along with all this, HB and I are anticipating our first visitors on Thursday. While we are ridiculously excited and enthusiastic, we have also been looking at our house through the eyes of someone unaccustomed to life on Tortola, and realizing we have a lot of work to do. HB is off for Commonwealth Day today, and so thankfully is putting the finishing touches on the house, car and dog. Still, the dogs don't stop shedding and the anoles don't stop leaving droppings in the bathroom, so there will be continual cleanup until our friends arrive.

It's easy for me to get wrapped up in work and busyness and forget about the beautiful place that I live. Despite all the goings-on, HB and I still found time to go the beach yesterday for a late afternoon swim - a wonderful moment of pause after a busy workday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog