Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Frangipani

My new favorite flower is the frangipani. Although I know they grow in the Florida Keys, I had never seen them until I moved to the BVI. The first time I remember seeing a frangipani in bloom was when we went the Baths on Virgin Gorda in November, and the most beautiful, perfect, yellowish flowers with just the slightest tinge of pink were growing on a tree outside the restaurant there. The loveliness of the blossoms and pleasant scent made me fall in love with that tree right away..

I was too embarrassed at the time to ask what they were, but when the author of Key West Diary mentioned them in a post,  I started seeking them out. Since then, I haven't been able to get enough of the frangipani, and while most of the examples I've seen have those same, yellowy-pink blooms, these strongly pink blossoms on St. John caught my eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog