Saturday, July 2, 2011

Slow Commute

My apologies for the late post today.




















I encountered a bit of weather that hindered my drive to work this morning, and arriving even as little as five minutes late threw off my schedule for the whole day so I am only now getting a post up.






























A tropical wave has passed over Tortola in the last 24 hours, and though it seems to be done with us now, it deposited quite a bit of rain during that time, including the heaviest downfall of 2 inches in a little under 40 minutes starting around 8:30 this morning.
























Perhaps the most bizarre effects of the tropical wave were some that I didn't get pictures of. Around 4:00pm yesterday, a microburst hit the north coast near Carrot Bay. A little mini-tropical storm, with wind gusts of 60 mph, formed over the area. Limbs came off trees and business' signs were broken. HB and I happened to be driving through the area at the time, and could see waterspouts starting to form about 100 meters from the shore in Carrot Bay.

It's sunny, now, though, and looks to remain so for the coming day or two, so hopefully I'll be able to get a post up at the more usual time tomorrow.

1 comment:

Search This Blog