Sunday, August 28, 2011

Crabitty Crab

 Creature Feature Sunday is back!



While walking the dogs Friday morning, I came across this hermit crab hanging out in the garden. Roscoe smelled the crab, but lost interest when he couldn't figure out why that shell smelled so good. After I took the dogs inside and got the camera, I came back out to find the crab scampering along the garden path.

So maybe scampering isn't the right word.



At any rate, with his shell about 1.5 inches in diameter at the wide end, while this is one of the smaller examples of hermit crabs I've seen in the BVI, it is still  the only one I have pictures of.

2 comments:

  1. I think crabs tend to scurry rather than scamper!!! Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to come back as animal I'd like to be a hermit crab.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog