Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hummingbirds

Here it is, not a Sunday, and I am going to write about animals. My reasons for this are twofold. First, I am simply too excited about the pictures HB took on Sunday to hang on to them for a long time. Second, I am changing my posting schedule for the blog to Tuesday through Saturday, and uncertain where the weekly Creature Feature is going to fall.

We learned this past Sunday, that our Q-tip plant is quite attractive to hummingbirds. When I spotted an Antillean Crested Hummingbird flitting about it early in the morning, I figured there'd be no way I'd manage to get pictures. But HB camped out for about an hour, and managed to get some great shots.





















Later in the day, our crested friend was joined by a Green-Throated Carib Hummingbird, who obligingly posed on a branch for me, as did the Crested.






















Now if only I could manage to get a few photos of the bananaquits that fly in and out of the mango trees, I would be quite content.


1 comment:

Search This Blog