Friday, March 2, 2012

Intentions

I had such plans for yesterday's post. I had it all written in my mind; the words, the pictures, everything. I just had to type it out and post it when I got to work. Well, the work schedule conspired against me, and I was home and hanging out before I remembered I had forgotten to write a blog entry. I really intended to post here, it's just ... you know what they say, the road to hell is paved with boulders covered in reflective tape.




















I might have the road to hell confused with the road to Cane Garden Bay. After the landslides in May, rather than move this boulder out of the right of way, the Department of Public Works made the profound decision to simply cover it with reflective tape to help avoid accidents. Whatever's easiest, I suppose.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, my old friend the landmark! Love it. It will probably still be there next May ...2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious about what appears to be a 2x4 protruding from beneath the boulder. Is there evidence that the rock fell on something? Was the board being used in an attempt to repostion the "public art" and merely left to rot faster than the igneous intrusion?
    Nonetheless, I'd suggest that you may have developed a yearly feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't noticed the 2x4 until I posted the picture here. Will have to get a closer look the next time I drive by.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog